sneezing cat

My cat, Jacques, is sneezing a lot and one of his eye's looks kind of squinty. He has an upper respiratory infection when we first adopted him. We took him to then vet and he has been fine since then (about seven months). I'm not sure if this is the same thing or just a cold or allergies. And if it IS a cold or allergies, do I need to take him in to the vet?.\ He seems to still be eating and playing a little bit, but sleeping more than normal. The other cat, Spencer, doesn't have any symptoms. This just started yesterday. Any advise?

Best Answers

• Tina BTina B Vancouver IslandMember Posts: 2,238
    Accepted Answer
    Definately take your cat to the vet. L-lysine is an amino acid and the Vet will probably recommend this for your cat. You can buy it at a health store in powdered capsule form and sprinkle it in the wet food. It takes a few days for it to work, but it has to be given everyday, ask your vet about dosage. Make sure the L-lysine does not contain other ingredients in it. We use Natural Factors brand. The vet may sell you some but it is far more expensive that way. Alot of cats are given this for URI'S and feline herpes. This has helped my Wilson :)
  • Julie VentrigliaJulie Ventriglia Member Posts: 2,923
    Accepted Answer
    Shadow is exactly right. Tasha has feline herpes and gets the same symptoms you mentioned. A trip to the vet & some Lysine should do the trick. Good luck!