Fleas and Urinating

William GelorminoWilliam Gelormino BaldwinsvilleMember Posts: 12
I have two male cats about 9 months old. I got them fixed 30 days ago. About a week ago one of my male cats started peeing on my bed. The first time I didn't think much of it cleaned it with woolite Pet+Oxygen to remove the stain and used training methods to tell my cat no. Then he did it 3 more times. So I knew something was wrong, and it was fleas. They are indoor cats strictly so I dont know how it happened. I am not sure if they are linked, but now the fleas are the BIG problem. My cats are not allowed in my room for the time being. I bought BioSpot from PetSmart today they said it was the best stuff they had and I liked it cause for 3 months it was only 20 bucks. Its for kittens under 5 pounds. . I wasn't sure if my cats where under five so the people there suggested to me to buy the kitten brand. Its been about 12 hours and the fleas are still alive! I can see them crawling on my cat cats. I am low on money should I get another brand?

Best Answers

• Lisa McDermottLisa McDermott JupiterMember Posts: 896
    Accepted Answer
    From my experience, flea drops from the store do not work. Your best bet is to try Revolution because it covers everything: ear mites, fleas, mange, etc. You have to purchase that from your vet and you may only need 1 dose if they are strictly indoor cats. Is there a dog that lives with you? If so, that is probably how they got them and you would need the drops every month. Advantage is another good product and you can purchase single doses from your vet as well. You can also buy them online. Some petstores carry Advantage but it's usually at the counter. Frontline is another product...however, that did not work for Daphne at all. These medications cost a little more than the other drops but they work. The sooner you get it taken care of the less money you will spend in other products. If you have any more questions, feel free to pmail me. Good luck....I've been there and I know it's tough!
  • Joy WaltersJoy Walters Member Posts: 9,276
    Accepted Answer
    I've never heard of a cat not using the litter box due to a flea infestation. Fleas can cause worms, however, and you need to have their stool checked by a vet, If your cat continues to not use the litterbox, he also needs to have a urine culture done as a urinary tract infection is probably more to blame than having fleas. Daphne is right--Biospot does not work.