My cat licked one side of my minocycline pill. It was soft and I noticed a small tear in it... shoul

Best Answers

• Sandy NenningerSandy Nenninger PlainvilleMember Posts: 1,975
    Accepted Answer
    Lots of human antibiotics have versions for animal use but I am not familiar with that one. It shouldn't be too big of a deal since he only licked it but I'd watch for odd behavior or vomiting and if that happens call your vet. And of course, try to keep them out of reach now that you know kitty will taste it. Next time he might eat the whole thing.
  • Lisa DaversLisa Davers SacramentoMember Posts: 3,642
    Accepted Answer
    The ASPCA has a poison control hotline that you can call to be sure. 1-888-426-4435.
  • Joy WaltersJoy Walters Member Posts: 9,276
    Accepted Answer
    Allie is right. Minocycline is used for the treatment of acne, isn't it? I can't find anything that says it would be toxic to an animal, but your best bet is to call your vet and ask. If you don't already have a vet for your kitty, now would be a good time to sign up with one. No vet I know of charges for phone calls for advice and a phone call saves you the worry of watching for side effects.