My cat DAISY eats writing paper magazine & book papers newspaper & the wallpaper border in my dinrm

Is she lacking a vitamin or brains?!!!

Best Answers

• Sandy NenningerSandy Nenninger PlainvilleMember Posts: 1,975
    Accepted Answer
    Awww...poor Daisy is not lacking either vitamins or brains. LOL The desire to eat non food items is called PICA. Lots of cats eat more dangerous things than paper so you are lucky that she is not eating anything that can kill her. I notice that when mine do something undesirable that they know they should not do, it's really just a way to get my attention. Just keep discouraging her and try to keep paper out of tempting places whenever possible.
  • Joy WaltersJoy Walters Member Posts: 9,276
    Accepted Answer
    Allie is right. Most of the items you describe contain glue which is usually made of animal by-products. That's probably what she's trying to get at. Having said that, my cat Izzie just chewed the stem of a plaster pumpkin I had on my island in the kitchen, right in front of me, looking right at me while he did it. Izzie has brains, alright and he uses them to drive me crazy!