My 2 month old kitten keeps peeing on the carpet in the corner but its near the litter box how can I

Best Answers

• Courtnay GibsonCourtnay Gibson Member Posts: 1
    Accepted Answer
    hmm, well if your kitten is peeing, putt the litter box where hes peeing, also you can put a sponge rug, and he'll learn to pee in the litter box, hes only a kitten though ,he'll learn, my cat did the same things, so no worries :)
  • patricia ponivaspatricia ponivas Las Vegas, NVMember Posts: 51,847
    Accepted Answer
    You can also get some spray that eliminates the odor where he is peeing. If they smell it there it increases the chance for peeing. You can get it at any pet store. He is a kitten and he can be trained, he'll learn.
  • Joy WaltersJoy Walters Member Posts: 9,276
    Accepted Answer
    Both suggestions are good ones. Chances are he was separated from his mom before she had a chance to teach him his litter box manners. Scrub the area where he goes with "Natures Miracle" cleaner. It destroys the odor of his pee so he won't be tempted to go back there. Some cats don't squat far enough to hit the litter and hit the wall instead. You can always put some painter's tarp up on the wall if this is what he's doing. Make sure his box is clean and in a quiet, private place. Right now, I'm investigating a product called "SSS-cat" which is pressurized air in a can that has a motion detector and sprays a shot of air when the cat gets near it. If his corner is not so close to the litter box that it would also frighten him away from the box, you may want to try that. And, on the chance that he's marking, if he's not yet neutered, you might want to ask your vet about that.