My cat has cold ears. Is that normal?

I took him to the vet yesterday. He had been sneezing and having watery eyes. Then saliva started pouring out of his mouth. I thought he had gotten into poison. The vet gave him a shot to help stop the saliva. He also gave me an antibiotic. His ears are cold now, usually they are warm. I'm just worried about him. I was wondering if that was normal. The vet never did say what was wrong with him. I thought I might take him to another vet. Any suggestions?

Best Answer

• Joy WaltersJoy Walters Member Posts: 9,276
    Accepted Answer
    Did you ask the vet what was wrong with your cat and why he had the symptoms he did? Vets expect pet owners to ask questions about their animals and treatments they are given. If the weather where you are is cold, your cats ears will be cool to the touch. There is no fat in the ear and that's what keeps the rest of the body warm. You are within your rights to go to another vet, but when you go to ANY vet, make sure you ask lots of questions about why they are doing what they're doing and what their diagnoses is.