My 5 month old kitten has been vomiting for over three days!

He can't keep anything down, not even water. We had not changed anything in his diet. Vet took x-ray - no apparent problem. He's not in any pain and is still playing, though less than before, probably because he's not getting any food or water (vet hydrated him so he's not dehydrated yet.) Any advise?

Best Answers

• Teshana LeavittTeshana Leavitt SeattleMember Posts: 6
    Accepted Answer
    Only an x-ray?! Sounds like he should've taken blood and other things. Since your cat has a tiny tummy now, try opening it up with some kind of smelly fishy can food. Or maybe something even more simple like plain cooked chicken, oatmeal or raw pumpkin. And when you feed her, elevate the dish about 3 inches. Cats do not chew their food like dogs and all of their digestion happens in their stomach, so lifting the dish will help the food go down better.
  • patricia ponivaspatricia ponivas Las Vegas, NVMember Posts: 51,847
    Accepted Answer
    The other kitty is right. If the vomitting doesn't stop call your vet. Have him take a blood test to see what's wrong with your kitten. No food or water for over 3 days is a sign that something is wrong and this could be very dangerous to kitty.
  • Joy WaltersJoy Walters Member Posts: 9,276
    Accepted Answer
    Oci and Rex are right. Did your vet give you any medication or make any suggestions? I can't believe that he x-rayed your cat and if nothing showed up just didn't do anything else. I'd be tempted to get a second opinion from a different vet.
  • Annalisa Conserti-JonesAnnalisa Conserti-Jones Member Posts: 5,234
    Accepted Answer
    Agreed. After he'd been given sub-qs, he should have been feeling better. If he's still feeling ill, he needs to go back to the vet for a followup. If the vet has not done a blood test yet, s/he should.