Felidae?

Jessica CobbJessica Cobb Gastonia/CharlotteMember Posts: 91
edited 19 April, 2007 in Food & Nutrition
My cats have been on Natural Balance for about two weeks. I switched them to it because of all this dumb recall stuff. They were doing really great on it, but for some reason once it got down to the bottom of the bag they started getting upset tummies, and now I find out that Natural Balance has recalled their Venison formula. I was wondering what everyone thinks of Felidae? Or can anyone link me to any reviews or opinions on the food? I can't find much information about it, but it looks like a great food. I'm not sure if I'll switch my cats yet, but its better to be safe than sorry. I don't want my babies getting sick. Thanks kitties!

Comments

• Julia HarrisJulia Harris Member Posts: 185
    edited 17 April, 2007
    Felidae is a great food! The ingredients (of the cat and kitten formula especially) are impressive. The chicken and rice is not as strong ingredients wise as the cat and kitten (In my opinion). Back I was on kibble, I did really well on this one! And I didn't eat much of it, so it was very cost effective :)
  • Karen LeeKaren Lee The kingdom of Mer-lotMember Posts: 89,020
    edited 17 April, 2007
    Here is the Felidae web site. The dry foods do not contain actual meats, just meal. The canned foods have actual meats. Both contain rice butat least it's brown rice which is a bit healthier.
  • Mugsy MillerMugsy Miller Member Posts: 839
    edited 19 April, 2007
    Hi, there! =^..^= I know Felidae is a good company and has great ingredients in their food, but we're really picky eaters I guess, because we didn't care for it at all(neither the dry or canned). We refused to eat it at all. We would pick out our old food and leave the Felidae in the bowl. We do love Solid Gold Katz n Flocken and Innova EVO, though. We like Merrick's canned(Lobster Boil and Surf n Turf), too, but the Merrick's canned gives us icky bajicky poops.