Dear Catster reader,

Almost two years ago, we invested numerous resources and rebuilt the Catster community. With new hardware, software and personnel, we did our best to satisfy the many users who shared their thoughts, pictures, questions, and love for and of their pets with us and friends. It was a thriving community with many users. We hoped, however, there would be more like you.

Times and habits have changed and we are sad to announce that the Catster community will be closing down on July 20, 2019.

Catster magazine, www.catster.com and the associated social media sites are NOT shutting down. We encourage you to continue reading the content found in the pages of the magazine and the web sites, commenting through the mechanisms provided and sharing your ideas and comments with us and your fellow readers.

Instructions for accessing pet profiles were shared with everyone in 2017. The instructions can be found elsewhere within the forum. AFTER JULY 20TH, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THIS CONTENT. And, effective immediately, we are no longer able to answer questions about the community.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to serving you through our magazine and website.

Cheers,
Catster

I have a four year old cat. Up until 2 months ago I had no problem with the cat going outdoors all t

My cat will not use little box or go outside even when for first 4 years he never had a problem and loverd the back yard and outside. How do I get him to go out again?

Best Answer

• Lisa DaversLisa Davers SacramentoMember Posts: 3,642
    Accepted Answer
    There might be an agressive new cat in the neighbourhood that is picking on him and he's scared to go outside. Kind of like you wouldn't want to go in the public toilets in the park if there was some pschyco hanging around that kept chasing you. Go outside in the garden with him which may give him more confidence that he has protection and look out for new cats coming into your garden. If its another pet cat there's not much you can do but you can throw water at the cat when you see him and it may die down once he's established his territory and dominance. If its a feral cat your best best is to trap him and get him neutered and he'll soon become less aggressive. If the pet cat causing the problem is not neutered you could talk to the owner about getting him fixed but they may bot listen. If he doesn't like the litter box indoors, try putting earth in i tto start with as that will be more like what he's used to and make sure its in a quiet place.