Dear Catster reader,

Almost two years ago, we invested numerous resources and rebuilt the Catster community. With new hardware, software and personnel, we did our best to satisfy the many users who shared their thoughts, pictures, questions, and love for and of their pets with us and friends. It was a thriving community with many users. We hoped, however, there would be more like you.

Times and habits have changed and we are sad to announce that the Catster community will be closing down on July 20, 2019.

Catster magazine, and the associated social media sites are NOT shutting down. We encourage you to continue reading the content found in the pages of the magazine and the web sites, commenting through the mechanisms provided and sharing your ideas and comments with us and your fellow readers.

Instructions for accessing pet profiles were shared with everyone in 2017. The instructions can be found elsewhere within the forum. AFTER JULY 20TH, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THIS CONTENT. And, effective immediately, we are no longer able to answer questions about the community.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to serving you through our magazine and website.


what should i do with my parelyzed legged mommy won't let me take it to the vet.

Rachel ErvinRachel Ervin WarrenMember Posts: 5

Best Answers

  • Lisa DaversLisa Davers SacramentoMember Posts: 3,642
    Accepted Answer
    If your mum is worried about the cost call around local rescue places or animal control to see if they can help. They can at least euthanise him so he doesn't suffer and it won't cost her anything. If she refuses to get help you can call animal control yourself and tell them what is happening and ask them to come to the house.
  • patricia ponivaspatricia ponivas Las Vegas, NVMember Posts: 51,847
    Accepted Answer
    Your kitty is hurt and in pain, he need to go to the vet now. There are vets that will give discounts, please call around and take your kitty to one of them. Good luck and I hope he gets the treatment that will make him well.
  • Joy WaltersJoy Walters Member Posts: 9,276
    Accepted Answer
    Your "mommy" could be charged with animal abuse and/or neglect if it gets out that you have an animal who needs medical care and she's denying it that care. Call a local rescue or shelter and tell them you have a sick cat, you are a child (if you are) and that your parents don't want to get it the care it deserves. They'll take it from there.
  • Alice KehmAlice Kehm LenhartsvilleMember Posts: 159
    Accepted Answer
    Everyone is right kitty has to go to the vet. And what Issy said your mommy can get into trouble for not taking kitty to be seen by a vet . Is ture. It would be like if you were sick and she didn't take you to the doctors to be treated . But I don't think it is because your mommy doesn't care I think it is she is worried about where she is going to get the money to pay for kitty to be seen. But if you are old enough to use a computer you should be old enough to use a phone. So please call your local APCA or animal shelterand tell them the problem that kitty has and that you do not have the money to have her seen by a vet and that you have no way to get her to them so if they can come over and pick her up so that she can see a animal doctor to see what they can do for her.If you call today I am sure that they are in .
Sign In or Register to comment.

Welcome to the new Catster Community!

Introduce the community to your pet with our Pet Profiles and discover how to use the new community with our Getting Started pages!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!