Can cats get hemroids?

My cat just recently ate some old cat food (fish) and threw up and had diarrhea. Now she is moving very slowly and won't sit all the way down, she keeps her bottom raised while drinking water or eating. She is 16, but has always walked around. Now she just sleeps and only gets up to drink, eat and go to the bathroom.

Best Answers

• patricia ponivaspatricia ponivas Las Vegas, NVMember Posts: 51,847
    Accepted Answer
    I don't know if cats get hemroids or not. Your cat sounds like she is having some problem and needs to go to the vet for an exam. She probaly is severly dehyradted from the diarrhea. She is 16 so she is a geriatric cat so it will be harder for her to heal. She needs to go to the vet.
  • Annalisa Conserti-JonesAnnalisa Conserti-Jones Member Posts: 5,234
    Accepted Answer
    I don't think cats get hemorroids, but they can get impacted glands. It's something that would make their bottom hurt. The good news is that this can be taken care of by a vet very easily (s/he would express the glands), and it shouldn't cost you more than a wellness check fee, plus a nominal fee for expressing the glands. At 16, it might also be that she is not feeling well for other reasons, so we concur with the other poster. She should go see the vet, least she get really sick.