My cat is making harsh breathing noises as if she's trying to catch her breath. Is it allergies or s

Also, the shelter told me she had a respiratory infection around Christmas time and they said the medicines they gave her helped. I'm still worried she might have it.

Best Answers

• Valerie DurhamValerie Durham Member Posts: 8,724
    Accepted Answer
    Upper respiratory infections (URIs) are common in cats, especially cats living in group situations, such as shelters. They can be either viral or bacterial in origin, and can recur. We're not vets here, just cat owners. Your cat should be seen by a vet, who will be able to diagnose your cat's problem correctly and prescribe suitable medications. Go to the vet.
  • Alice KehmAlice Kehm LenhartsvilleMember Posts: 159
    Accepted Answer
    Chibi is right , when there are so many cats in a shelter they tend to pass around URI infections. It could be that the medicines that she was on only helped a little and maybe has started up again . Just like what happens to humans you will have to take her to the vet to make sure that she gets the right medicines to improve her condition because like us when we have cold it can turn into something else.