Is GI Lymphoma common in Bengals? My cat has SEVERELY blood diarrhea - blood-only. Please help! I

Tamie SwimTamie Swim HoustonMember Posts: 2
My 5.5 year old female Bengal (Bazzarrah) passed away in Dec '09 with Gastrointestinal Lymphoma (both diffused and focal forms) after several misdiagnoses, extensive surgery, and many trips to the oncologist. When we started treatment, she was a healthy 8.4 pounds…two months later, the day I put her to sleep, she was only 4.0 pounds. She was diagnosed in October and her battle was over in December. She really put up a good fight. Now her 6 year old brother Bengal (Baggerrah) vomited three times yesterday - and all of a sudden had severely bloody stool/diarrhea. I rushed him to the vet and the doctor hospitalized him immediately saying it could be Gastrointestinal Lymphoma. WHAT? Not again! My cats were not litter mates - although they were retrieved from the same breeder at different times, yet I find the likeliness of them sharing a parent slim. The docs have hit Baggerrah with a heavy dose of antibiotic today and are hoping its a bacterial salmonella or E.coli infection. What else?

Best Answer

• Accepted Answer
    My 9 month old kitten diaherra for over two weeks later it turned bloody and she did that for awhile. We took her to the vet and they said she had colitis so it could be that too.