Has anyone else seen this and could this be a concussion or just food poisoning?

I have a kitten that fell off a high dressor YESTERDAY and hit her head on it. She is 9 months old and has been throwing up since. Haven't seen a vet yet. Kitten is moaning before she throws up then purring afterwards. She is inside, but I've let her out for 15 minutes once a week because she has all her shots and is spayed. I'm honestly just wondering if anyone has had that before, I will take her to the vet after work. Please no more mean responses. I have just signed up for this site today.

Best Answers

• Joy WaltersJoy Walters Member Posts: 9,276
    Accepted Answer
    You already know what you need to do, and you also know that there is no way people on a website page could possibly know what's wrong with your cat through a computer. Please take her to a vet. She needs medical intervention and hands-on care to determine what's wrong with her. If money is a issue, many vets will accept payment plans and I've never known of a vet who will turn down a cat in need. Prepare for a lecture though, if you've put off taking her to a vet for a while after this accident. It doesn't sound like she'll get better on her own.
  • Leanne FroebelLeanne Froebel Member Posts: 1,730
    Accepted Answer
    I agree with Izzie. This kitten must see a vet - ASAP! I hope you've already taken her in.
  • Sandy NenningerSandy Nenninger PlainvilleMember Posts: 1,975
    Accepted Answer
    You do need to understand how a question like yours makes cat lovers like us feel. We know enough about animals to know your cat is in danger and seriously needs help and yet there is nothing we can do for you except tell you how bad it is that you did not take her to the vet immediately when you noticed the problem. Maybe you are not fortunate enough to have an employer like mine who understands that the well being of my babies comes FIRST LAST and ALWAYS. Everything else has got to wait. All vets will fit in an emergency case immediately. And if they are not open, an emergency clinic should be your very next thought. Certainly nobody here intends to be "mean" however none of the people who answer questions here would ever consider making one of our pets wait for help in a possibly life threatening situation.
  • Valerie DurhamValerie Durham Member Posts: 8,724
    Accepted Answer
    Sorry, this is going to be a mean answer. All of my cats are expert jumpers, although it does take some time for kittens to get their sense of balance--I've seen kittens and cats jump and fall down, but have never seen a cat who was injured by this. Are you sure that--yes, this is rude--there was no physical violence inflicted by a human on your cat? Having said that, gosh, yes, go to the vet NOW.
  • Sarah GroteSarah Grote San AntonioMember Posts: 132
    Accepted Answer
    I am sorry this happened to your cat! :( It has never happened to any of my kitties!!! If i were you,i would take her to the vet!! Take her ASAP!!!!! I think she may have had a concussion!!! I hope she gets better!!! Good luck!!! :)