update A health report for nellie as of yesterday

This is a health report for nellie as of yesterday. Yesterday morning she came to the food bowls when i filled them with food. This first time she has done this since she got sick. Wouldnt eat out of the bowls. Still little to no appetite and still giving her water and food by syringe. as of yesterday evening .she came to bowls again nibbled some and stopped yesterday, I fed her by syringe again. We are making some progess here.

Best Answers

• Valerie DurhamValerie Durham Member Posts: 8,724
    Accepted Answer
    Hmm, I think you need a second opinion here, with as many lab tests as possible. Even if it is "only" a behavioral issue, it can cause Nellie's life. If you can afford it, see another vet. You can consult your local SPCA or rescue for advice regarding cheap(er) vet service if that is necessary. Purrs and good luck.
  • Joy WaltersJoy Walters Member Posts: 9,276
    Accepted Answer
    I agree with Chibi. Although Nellie is making some progress by at least showing interest in eating, she's not progressing fast enough not to compromise her health. Since you still don't know exactly what her diagnoses is, you really do need to pursue this with as many vet consultations and tests as possible. If that means second and third opinions from different vets, then so be it. We are definitely keeping Nellie in our thoughts and prayers. Give her an "ear skritch" and a kiss from all of us here at the Zoo!