My cat has this weird bump on...

she has this weird bump not on the tip but all the way on the other end behind the tail.. so its kind bent.. the rest of the tail is fine.. my dad thinks she tangled with a squirrel that bit her tail.. I hope its not some disease or anything.. what do you think it is?.. (it doesn't her her when I touch it or anything.. but after we noticed it... we also noticed how jumpy she became!.. she finally settled down... but...)

Best Answer

• Joy WaltersJoy Walters Member Posts: 9,276
    Accepted Answer
    You said in your other question that you have a lot of stray cats hanging around your property and that Kitty is an outdoor cat. It's quite possible that she got bit by one of those males. She could also have caught her tail in something and broken or sprained it. If she was bitten by anything, a squirrel or another cat, she could very well have an infection. And, that won't get better without a visit to the vet. Since, as you said, she's an elderly kitty, she needs to go to the vet to have this checked. As cats get older, they lose their ability to fight off infections. We really can't guess about what it might be since we can't see your kitty and we aren't vets. Ask your Dad if the two of you can take Kitty to the vet's for treatment.