My cat was just diagnosed as having an anatomical problem , a cleft soft palate

My cat was just diagnosed with having an anatomical problem ...a cleft soft palate and the surgeon /Vet. informed me that there was nothing surgically, he could do. Does anyone know possibly why this could not be repaired? Are there severe abnormalities that cannot be repaired ? Why could that be? I'd appreciate any info. /reason. Thankyou! Just to add...He will be continued on long term medications to fight different infections.

Best Answer

• Joy WaltersJoy Walters Member Posts: 9,276
    Accepted Answer
    If you have the financial ability, I am a strong believer in the veterinary "referral clinics", clinics that are staffed with board-certified specilaists in their fields, such as oncologists, neurologists, gastroenterologists, etc. Some of these clinics are located at large universities. Your vet should know about these speciality clinics and be able to refer you to one. I know there is a cleft/soft palate surgery for dogs and there might also be one for cats. Please let us know how he's doing! Purrs and headbonks!