My cat has sore mouth can i feed him oatmeal

Member Posts: 1
I cant take my cat to the vet till tomorrow and he has sore mouth, can i feed him oatmeal or what other soft food would be good for him?? Thank you in advance. Jackie

Best Answers

• Sandy NenningerSandy Nenninger PlainvilleMember Posts: 1,975
    Accepted Answer
    I would just feed him canned cat food until you can get to the vet or else if you normally feed dry kibble, just take some of it and soak it in warm (not hot) water until it is soft.
  • Lisa DaversLisa Davers SacramentoMember Posts: 3,642
    Accepted Answer
    Allie's right, I'd keep him on the same food he's used to but make sure it is soft. Adding canned food to warm water and mushing it up to a soup will make it really easy to eat. If he's on dry food you can soak it in hot water and but it with the water into a blender/liquidiser to also make it into a soup.
  • tammy gonzalestammy gonzales des moinesMember Posts: 8
    Accepted Answer
    try boiled or steamed chicken or ground beef it's moist/soft & meat ! cats are carnivores & oatmeal, rice , etc. has no nutritional value for them.