when a cat has a stroke does that mean it will die

im not suree if my cat age 10 had a stroke. hes been sleeping alot lately and he can't really eat becuz when he trys to it just falls back out of his mouth or he can't swallow it...can anyone help? i cant reallly afford to visit a vet at this time

Best Answers

• Lisa DaversLisa Davers SacramentoMember Posts: 3,642
    Accepted Answer
    Call around vets and rescue groups to see if they can help you either with a free exam or the ability to pay for it over time/a few dollars a week. Your cat really needs a vet exam to figure out what is going on. Explain to the vet that you cannot afford lots of tests etc but your cat is very sick and you need their help to do a physical exam and see i fthere is anything you can do. It may be something that is treatable but even if its not the vet can euthanise your cat so he doesn't suffer. Other things that could cause th esymptoms you are seeing are an infection, a bad tooth or something like a bone stick in his mouth and they are all fairly easy to treat. Most vets care about animals and would at least do the initial exam (just giving their time) and will be able to figure out what the possible issues are and discuss options with you.
  • Myndi DavisMyndi Davis LehiMember Posts: 215
    Accepted Answer
    I am really sorry your kitty is not feeling well at all. It does sound very serious and she needs to see a veterinarian right away. Many veterinarians accept care credit. You can apply for it online and within minutes you can be approved and given an authorization code to use at your vet's office. Care credit is a type of credit card for medical and dental situations. My furriend Margo gave a list of charities and organizations that will help low income people. Its worth a shot to give them a call, but please remember that your kitty needs immediate medical attention and contacting all these charities and waiting to be accepted takes time. http://www.catster.com/cats/614924/diary/Margos_mewsings/654147