My cat is 13 years old. For the past 3 days I've noticed his left eye seems foggy. Any advise????

Best Answers

• sherry LaRosa-Silvestrisherry LaRosa-Silvestri willow groveMember Posts: 888
    Accepted Answer
    Taking into consideration your cat's age, it most likely is a cataract. I had this happen to my own cat when she was only 8 years old. She unfortunately had bad vision to begin with and I was told that it probably wouldn't improve with surgery. I seeked a second opinion from an ophthalmologist (eye doctor) and he told me the same thing. Although I had pet insurance, I decided not to put my cat through any eye surgery. Just take your cat to the vet and have it checked out. I was also the first one who noticed my cat's foggy eye. It is not something that can only be detected by a vet. I would definitely have him checked out and make sure the other eye is not affected as well. Best of luck.
  • Lisa DaversLisa Davers SacramentoMember Posts: 3,642
    Accepted Answer
    If it has come on quickly that is a sign of an infection or ulcers/injury and you need to get him to a vet qickly to get it checked out. The vet will be able to confirm what the issue is and give him eye drops or antibiotics if needed. Older cats also sometimes get cataracts which cause their eyes to be cloudy but these come on slowly over time.