My daughters cat keeps peeing on thngs and it is causing alot of problems. No he doesn't have a bla

This is more like spraying, like marking. There is one other cat in the house. He has been doing this more lately. Mostly on their comforter and on the furniture. She is getting desparate for some help for this. She has had him about five years and this has been in the last year.

Best Answers

• sherry LaRosa-Silvestrisherry LaRosa-Silvestri willow groveMember Posts: 888
    Accepted Answer
    If the cat has been to the vet and a urinary tract infection has been ruled out, then most likely it is a behavioral issue. Your daughter could try giving this cat his own litter box and put it in a totally different area than the other cat's litter box. I still would follow up with the vet and explain what has been happening. Maybe he/she can offer some solutions, or possibly medication.
  • Timmy_TomcatTimmy_Tomcat Plymouth Meeting 19462Member Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Tough as this has been going on for a while. An answer may be to a separation to a quiet room with a box in it for a bit to see if there are still misses. Was there some trigger? Was it when the other cat moved in? Or some other stress? I have used multiple boxes put in various areas to good result in the past with similar problems(Stress from adding members) Mine have been temporary. I put the boxes where the cat was going. I noted which boxes were being used. Then moved them in increments to better locations and the kit adjusted. I then decreased the others one at a time. Keep at least one box per cat. I have 3 boxes for 3 cats in 2 different areas. They mainly use 2, but, the other is there and, oddly enough, they will use that exclusively for a bit, then return to normal. I'm Bats 4 Cats.