My kitty started wheezing randomly

Danielle HendersonDanielle Henderson la la landMember Posts: 2
I don't even know if there is something wrong but here's the scoop: about a month ago, I had my 2 year old cat spayed. Everything went well and she seems much happier. She started eating more which is good cuz she hardly ate anything before. However, she's gotten quite fat rather quickly. Also about 2 weeks ago, I noticed she started wheezing randomly. She doesn't seem to be having trouble breathing - it just sounds weird when she does sometimes. Like she's snoring, but she's not asleep. Other than those two weird things, she's perfectly fine. She runs around, purrs, and eats like normal. Should I even be worried?

Best Answer

• Sandy NenningerSandy Nenninger PlainvilleMember Posts: 1,975
    Accepted Answer
    I would just keep an eye on it and if it becomes more frequent or if her breathing seems difficult or like she is tiring easily from activity, then call your vet. Allie wheezes when she sleeps (not snoring) but she is fine. In the mean time, keep an eye on that weight gain. Being overweight can cause just as many health problems in a cat as it can in humans and sudden weight gain or loss is a concern. Keep her moving with some interactive toys like a laser pointer and you could discuss a diet plan with your vet. He can tell you how much food per day is ideal for her frame so you could try limiting her to that amount. Any time something changes enough for you to notice it and be concerned, a call to your vet may be in order.