my 5 wk old kitten suddenly tilts head and seems is off balance, but plays, eats & doesn't seem to

Member Posts: 1

Best Answers

• Timmy_TomcatTimmy_Tomcat Plymouth Meeting 19462Member Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Well. I think right now you have a kitten. At that age they are not very steady on their feet sometimes which is OK at this age, not at 3 months. They run and jump and then fall over. It is why we love them so much. Charlie Chaplin on paws. Just make sure you do not laugh out loud and hurt her feelings! Just kidding Meow. By the way. Thanks for asking and taking the time to worry. You are a fine friend of felines. Join up and show us some pictures!
  • Sandy NenningerSandy Nenninger PlainvilleMember Posts: 1,975
    Accepted Answer
    I would have her ears checked. Head tilting can sometimes be a sign of ear mites or an ear infection. If she was fine before and this tilting and off balance behavior is new, then a visit to the vet might be a good idea. She is too young to need her vaccinations just yet but if the behavior is enough to have you concerned, call the vet.
  • Joy WaltersJoy Walters Member Posts: 9,276
    Accepted Answer
    Absolutely have your baby checked for ear mites. If you got her/him from a shelter, ear mites are very common. Don't stick anything in his/her ear yourself and don't put any sort of "home-made" cleaner in his/her ears. This is something that needs to be taken care of by a vet or vet tech. If there is an underlying infection, you'll also get antibiotic drops.
  • Tracy Reed- SillixTracy Reed- Sillix Member Posts: 20
    Accepted Answer
    have her checked out asap!!! my kitty did that she would "wooble" her head like a bobble head. and then we thought nothing of it but still learly of leaving her home when we went to go camping at my aunts cottage not even a day later her paws where bent we took her in asap and it turned out to be a muscular diease that wasnt treatable. they gave us a few options. but we didnt want the kitty to suffer so we had to put him down :( hopefully if he is just shaking his head could be ear mits but go to the vet just to make sure. better safe than sorry
  • TwinkleTwinkle BirminghamMember Posts: 11,137 ✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    The kitten could have an ear infection or something else wrong with it's ear. I certainly think you should take the kitten to the vet.