My 4 year old female Bombay whom I have had since she was 8 weeks old has started urinating in my be

My 4 year old female Bombay whom I have had since she was 8 weeks old has started urinating in my bedroom since our move to a new home a year ago. I've gotten her additional litter boxes placed throughout the house and there is no change. The behavior is not daily - maybe once every month or so - but no amount of extra attention or special treatment stops her. Even spraying her with water is ineffective. I've tried placing her in a carrier when she misbehaves, but she scratches so hard that she tears her little feet open. Is there anything else I can try?

Best Answer

• Joy WaltersJoy Walters Member Posts: 9,276
    Accepted Answer
    Cats don't use their box for 2 main reasons. One is a urinary tract infection (UTI) that, in her case, could be reocurring or never cleared up. If she's not seen a vet in a while and/or not had her urine tested, this is your first step. Secondly, she could be marking a place where another cat previously urinated. This is due to stress. She thinks there's another cat there because she smelled the scent. Punishment like spraying or confining her seldom works since she probably not doing it to misbehave. If she always uses the same area, you should clean it with Natures Miracle (pet stores) or another enzymatic cleaner, even Oxy laundry additive.