Why does my 3 week old kitten have a crust red circle around his eye?

I have washed it off but it came back.

Best Answers

• patricia ponivaspatricia ponivas Las Vegas, NVMember Posts: 51,847
    Accepted Answer
    He could have some kind of parasite like ringworm or an infection in that area. It would be best to take your kitty to the vet for an exam and proper diagnosis. He will be able to give you the medication and treatment that you need to get your kitty healthy. Since it's around his eye, you want to make sure it's taken care of so whatever it is won't affect his eye or vision. Good luck, I hope your kitty gets better.
  • Joy WaltersJoy Walters Member Posts: 9,276
    Accepted Answer
    Remember that we aren't vets here. We should not try to diagnose or suggest treatment for a cat we've never seen and don't know. Even if we have had a cat with the same symptoms, chances are not good that could be the same health issue. As Sadie said, your best bet is to take the baby and all his sibs to the vet for a check and treatment. Not treating him (them) could very well result in blindness. Just a caution--if there is a chance that it is ringworm, it is highly contagious to other pets and humans who come in contact with him or the litter or the mother. Wash your hands thoroughly after handling him or his sibs.
  • Christina WahlChristina Wahl Member Posts: 164
    Accepted Answer
    Honestly it could also be nothing so its best to take the kitty to see a vet for a check up this is usually 30-40 bucks at any vet for a reg. visit some even give free shots with this to help make sure your cat will be and stay healthy. Look also for a vet clinic or call a petco or petsmart and see if they have a local shot clinic that comes threw they will also go over the pet and are vets too. Best of luck.