How much should an average 8 month old kitten weigh?

Amanda LanderAmanda Lander EvansMember Posts: 2

Best Answers

• Taylor DelgadoTaylor Delgado Member Posts: 14
    Accepted Answer
    It depends on the breed and body type (cobby, slim, or average), but I would say around 6-8 lbs maybe for the average domestic shorthair. I have one 9 month old female kitten that weighs around 5 lbs. She is not skinny or showing bones or anything, just slightly thin as she is an average domestic shorthair barn cat. She could put on a couple pounds or so and still look a healthy weight. I also have a 9 month old male barn kitten that weighs around 6 pounds. He looks the same as the female.
  • Valerie DurhamValerie Durham Member Posts: 8,724
    Accepted Answer
    I assume that you're talking about Rajah. Since he's purebred, you should be able to ask your breeder or whoever you bought him from. I assume that there could be variations among different representatives of the same breed, as there are with Maine Coons, but I am not familiar wih Savannahs. Or, you could put him in a cat show and ask Savannah breeders and judges if he's the right weight.