Found a kitten,but dont know what's wrong with her.please help cause i love her.

Hi,i found a kitten nearby my place last week and i took her back cause i really want to own a cat since ages.This is my first time. Firstly,she's hungry but when i gave her the wet can food she only eat a bit and walk away.I tried feeding her using my finger and she only eat a bit and seem not interested anymore.She dont want to drink water,and really scared of it. And then,she rarely poop.She did poop only once that was four days ago.but quite a lot for a kitten.so i think its normal cause the poop seems ok and not a diarrhea or something.she did pee and nothing to worry about it,Plus since the first day here she know already where to pee and poop that is in the toilet. What worries me is that she keep sneezing and sometimes she sneeze a lot.her eyes swollen when i first met her,but now her eyes getting better no swollen just got that eye crust/eye boogers.and that make her eye lids dried and it hard to wipe it cause she dont like it. I dont want her to die.please help.

Best Answers

• Joy WaltersJoy Walters Member Posts: 9,276
    Accepted Answer
    We'll try to help, but please understand that we are NOT vets here and even if we were, there's no way we can tell you what's wrong with your kitten over the Internet. It sounds like she has an upper respiratory infection or a "kitty cold". That will make her not want to eat because cats won't eat what they can't smell. If you want to help this kitten, you need to take her to a vet. She probably needs to be on antibiotics. If you don't have money, you can contact a local rescue or shelter (find one in your area at www.petfinder.com)and ask for a vet who treats at a lower cost. Also, if you call a vet and tell them you've rescued this kitten and she is sick, they may treat her now and let you pay it off later. I don't know of any vet who will turn away a sick animal. Good luck and let us know how she is doing.
  • Hope ShepherdHope Shepherd Wyoming, FeltonMember Posts: 84
    Accepted Answer
    First of all hunny take her to a vet, it sounds like she a kitty cold and that is not something YOu want to ignore. You should take her to vet anyways as she needs to have her first checkup and if she is old enough they will worm her and give her first couple shots she needs to make sure she is healthy. Please dont ignore this and if YOu have already taken her then *good for You*. she probably is not eating cause she dont feel good... would You eat if You had a nasty cold or fever??? also You found her outside, that is the only environment she has known since born, now in doors and its is scarey and strange. set the food and water out. she will eat when ready. # 1 thing to do is take her to vet. give her a name and speak to her in a steady tone of voice and love her. Till she is used to Your home, make her surroundings comfortable and quiet *walk slowly and softly. *she is scared and needs to be reasurred everything is ok. use nightlite at night if she meows alot. Good Luck Hun.
  • TwinkleTwinkle BirminghamMember Posts: 11,016 ✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    I agree with these answers. She needs to be seen by a vet. If you can't afford this, online fundraising is also an option. You can set up an online fund & post the link on Twitter, MySpace, Facebook, Yahoo Groups, wherever. Check out www.chipin.com, www.firstgiving.com, www.justgiving.com just to name a few. Google online fundraising to learn more.
  • Bobbye KuhlmanBobbye Kuhlman raverse City, MIMember Posts: 22
    Accepted Answer
    Please take her to the vet ASAP. If she was an outdoors kitty, her eating ahbits were probably pretty irregular. She may also have have worms. Since you said she is not pooping very often, try to save it the next time she goes and take it to the vet with you. These are only suggestions until you are able to see the vet. First, make sure she has fresh water all of the time. 2nd, feed her some good kitten food and have offer some moist food 2 - 3 times a day. 3rd, as for her eyes, I would just use a moist cotton ball and gently wipe her eyes. she won't like it, but be gentle ad try not to forcibly restrain her.