We had another cat die from this disease thing the others are still fighting for their lives........

Jessi KnicelyJessi Knicely KimballMember Posts: 272
What should i do? we still havent made an appointment for them yet and the cat that died a few minutes ago looked really healthy and didnt have any symtoms like the rest of them had im worried our indoor animals will get sick and die we havent neutored or spayed our indoor cats who will soon become outdoor cats so my mom says but we havent had good luck with our indoor cats becoming outdoor cats they always die 4 month to a year later tragicly. but do you guys have any advise to give me a friend offered clavapax would that help this infection or disease.

Best Answers

• jessica gunnjessica gunn youghalMember Posts: 126
    Accepted Answer
    for starters you havent said exactly what this disease is? but if you have had a cat with no symptoms of anything just die on you you need to make contact with your vet immediately and talk to him about the cat that has died and the condition of the rest of them if one cat has previously died than if its as contagious as it sounds you could very easily loose a lot more i konw the cost maybe off putting but get on the phone and listen to what the vet says if things are tight he might offer you a payment plan good luck
  • Valerie DurhamValerie Durham Member Posts: 8,724
    Accepted Answer
    Well, obviously you need to go to a vet ASAP. Go to an emergency vet if possible, seeing that they're just dropping like flies. Since you don't provide any diagnosis or symptoms, and since I'm not a vet, I can't give you any medical advice, but don't borrow any meds from someone else--let the vet do the prescribing. And since you seem to have problems when your cats become indoor/outdoor kitties, in the future, keep them indoors. That's the single most important factor in prolonging a cat's life. Those are very pretty little kittens there, and you don't want to lose any more. Since you've already taken on the responsibility of rescuing them and trying to find them homes, get them to the vet NOW, or else you may not have any kitties left. Whatever they have seems to be contagious, or perhaps due to a shared congenital problem. In any event, only a vet can tell for sure. Good luck.
  • Lindsay ColbertLindsay Colbert Member Posts: 376
    Accepted Answer
    Feral kittens can die rather suddenly from MANY causes. They are likely to have problems with inbreeding and suffer from congenital problems, they usually get infected with parasites, they can get very sick from common illnesses that most adult cats recover from quickly, and they can carry more serious diseases like FIV and FeLV which can be transfered to your adult indoor cats and are often fatal. Whatever is going on you need a vet to properly diagnose and treat it and the biggest problem here sadly is that until all your indoor and outdoor cats are fixed these won't be the last kittens to suffer from mystery ailments. Please contact the Panhandle Humane Society http://www.panhandlehumanesociety.org/ to see if there are low cost spay/neuter services anywhere in your area and if they can't help you try calling around to local vets. Local news outlets may even help you if they can frame it as a human interest story. Find a way to stop the breeding before they have to be euthanized.
  • ALLEYCATANGELALLEYCATANGEL Member Posts: 536 ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    YES you must see a vet it sounds like the disease is spreading. CAll the vet maybe they can check one kitten and treat for all of them. My vet did that for the litter of feral kittens I raised they call it a litter exam you won't know till youo atleast call.