my cat has started to claw and peal the silicon round my windows and doors why?

the cat is newtered but has started to claw and bite silicon round doors and windors

Best Answers

• Joy WaltersJoy Walters Member Posts: 9,276
    Accepted Answer
    The silicone is soft and chewy and, who knows? might even taste good to your kitty. Neutering has nothing to do with chewing, etc. But what is probably going on is that he is just plain bored. Do you play with him? If not, set aside an half-hour a day to play with him with a feather teaser, laser light (not in his eyes), etc. Give him a work out and he will probably forget the silicone exists. You can also tell him NO! when he does this. Cats can be disciplined, but you must do it with love and patience. If he has a tendancy to eat non-food items, you may want to ask your vet about a disease called "pica". There is treatment.
  • MrD_Sam_RazaMrD_Sam_Raza New ZealandMember Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    What is it about that. I've caught Sam doing that too at the silicon around the bath tub. Grrrrrr. It's not that she could be bored as she has heaps of toys lots of cat trees. Not to mention she is an indoor outdoor kitty so the entertainment is endless. But I've still caught her carefully plucking away at the silicon and trying to eat it. I have of course taken it off her and removed her from the bathroom as it can't be good for them nor their insides (if she actually consumes any). If she does it too often, I'm thinking of putting something with a horrible taste on it to see if that would deter her.