how do i stop Dixie getting on the counter and pooping on the stairs?

Lately Dixie has been really naughty she has been pooping under the bottom step and trying to cover it with our clothes she has also been getting up on the counter and eating the food she has started to get Cooper to do the same is there anyway to stop this behavior

Best Answers

• jessica gunnjessica gunn youghalMember Posts: 126
    Accepted Answer
    for starters put double sided sticky tape on your counters for a couple of weeks she will hate the stickyness and start to associate it with the couters as for the poop under the stairs try putting her litter box under the stairs if she goes somwhere else she probably doesnt like the litter or even the box but if she continues to go there its probably where the litter tray is placed and you might need to find somewhere a little bit more private for her good luck and wishing you the best gracie
  • Joy WaltersJoy Walters Member Posts: 9,276
    Accepted Answer
    Gracie T is right. Dixie is not doing this to be naughty. I'm facing the same issues with my Delilah. We recently moved and she has begun using my bathtub for a giant litter box. The tub is broken, but when it's fixed, I plan to put a few inches of water in there to discourage her. If she is counter-surfing and teaching Cooper the same bad habits, don't leave food where they can get it--even dishes in the sink. Keep food cupboards closed and any edible items put away. As for the inappropriate elimination, research what's gone on in your home. The Holidays can be stressful for everyone, including animals. I've heard people suggest picking up the poop and putting it in the litter box. Make sure the boxes are VERY clean and that you have 1 for each cat. Don't use highly scented litter as some cats don't like that. Keep clothing picked up as well so she'll having nothing to cover with.