Persian Color?

Hey I have a Purebred Persian with 4 months.Im not sure what color she is Because when i brought her the lady said she is a tortoiseshell like her mom,dad is black smoke. The vet and everybody i know say she is a tabby persain can anyone help? Thanks

Best Answers

• Sandy NenningerSandy Nenninger PlainvilleMember Posts: 1,975
    Accepted Answer
    I believe that Honey is a brown patched tabby. She is very pretty. Congrats on your new baby! It is a little scary that somebody who was breeding persians would mistake her for a torti though. Torti is a common pattern even among non-purebred cats and they are tri colored. Usually that is black, cream and red. Bailey is torti. Here is a page of brown patched tabby persians you can look at. http://www.pandecats.com/gallery/g_tabby.php
  • Valerie DurhamValerie Durham Member Posts: 8,724
    Accepted Answer
    I will bow to Bailey in all things Persian, but to me, Honey (cute girl!) looks like a brown tabby. It's a close call between brown tabby and brown patched tabby. I have two Maine Coon girls that I didn't want to sell until I could figure out what color they were--tortie, brown patched tabby, or brown tabby. It turns out that they are brown patched tabbies, but it took a while before that became clear. A brown tabby (at least in the moggy and Maine Coon world) can have fawn colored patches on areas like the tummy or on the face. A patched tabby will have areas that are reddish, as in torties, but the black will have definite tabby markings, which makes the cat a patched tabby rather than a tortie. Like torties, patched tabbies are (almost) always female, for genetic reasons. I myself am really not sure which she is. When she gets a bit older, give her a nice bath, take some more pictures, and ask again. Enjoy!