third inner eyelid swelling ?

my 2month old kitten smokey had this swelling of the inner 3ed eyelid in the left eye 2weeks back. i took her to the Vet and he said this is a swelling which should be removed by surgery. she underwent the surgery and it went fine. now she had the same thing in her right eye but unfortunately her Vet is in a vacation. she is fine , eating , playing and sleeping well. so what shall i do now ? you can find a picture of her eye in the account .

Best Answers

• Sandy NenningerSandy Nenninger PlainvilleMember Posts: 1,975
    Accepted Answer
    I had never heard of surgery for that. That is usually just a symptom of something else being wrong and curing the other thing will cause the inner eylid to go back to normal. Depending on how long her vet will be on vacation, I would consider calling another vet to see if they can take a look. Like a human doctor, your vet should have a "covering doctor" to look after his patients while he is away. http://www.petplace.com/cats/protrusion-of-third-eyelid-in-cats/page1.aspx
  • sherry LaRosa-Silvestrisherry LaRosa-Silvestri willow groveMember Posts: 888
    Accepted Answer
    Call your vet when he returns from vacation and get kitty in ASAP. An inflammation or swelling of the third eyelid can be from an infection or allergic reaction. Since your cat has already had surgery on the left eye, your vet may recommend surgery on the right eye. However, you could suggest that he prescribe a topical treatment as well as steroids to see if it clears up. It may clear up and reoccur at a later date. If this happens, then your veterinarian will probably recommend surgery for the right eye as well. Don't put off a visit to the vet too long. If you can, take your kitty to another vet in the meantime to be treated topically as I mentioned. Best to kitty.