FEMALE CAT GOT FIXED 2 WEEKS AGO I SEE A RED BUMP NEAR INSISION AND ODOR SMELL LITE DRAINAGE BUT CL

MY CAT GOT FIXED 2 WEEKS AGO HER INSISION SITE AND STITCHES LOOKED FINE UP UNTIL A FEW DAYS AGO WHEN NOTICED A COUPLE OF RED BUMPS AND A ODOR SHE KEEPS LICKING THE SITE EITHER ITS SLIGHT DRAINAGE OR ITS HER LICKING SPOT CANT TELL SHOULD I BE CONCERNED ESPECIALLY WITH ODOR??

Best Answers

• sherry LaRosa-Silvestrisherry LaRosa-Silvestri willow groveMember Posts: 888
    Accepted Answer
    Your cat should not have any drainage at the incision sight if her surgery was two weeks ago. If there is an odor, there is an infection going on. YOU NEED TO GET HER BACK TO THE VET AS SOON AS POSSIBLE! I'm surprised your vet didn't want to see your cat for a follow-up and suture removal (unless they used dissolvable sutures). Your cat needs medical attention quickly. Best of luck. Hope kitty gets better soon!
  • Valerie DurhamValerie Durham Member Posts: 8,724
    Accepted Answer
    Yes, get your kitty to a vet NOW. An odor means an infection. Don't be one of the statistical few who lose their cats to complications from a spay. Go to the vet. Purrs and prayers.
  • Accepted Answer
    Oh my god
  • Joy WaltersJoy Walters Member Posts: 9,276
    Accepted Answer
    Be concerned, but don't panic. If she is constantly licking the site, she should probably have an e-collar (one of those big white collars that are such a pain in the you know what) to keep her away from it. Licking progresses to chewing and you don't want her to do that. Please call your vet for futher information since they did the spay.