A friend found 2 day old kittens in a bush

Jessi KnicelyJessi Knicely KimballMember Posts: 272
i asked this question ealier but got no answer we took the 2 kittens in yesterday and one is probably not going to make it she wont take to a bottle we have tried numerous of times to get her to eat and all the milk does is come out her nose we named her bella so if she does die we can burry her with a name i am really worried we called the vet and they didnt pick up the phone so now im stuck in a dilema what should i do i dont want o sit her and watch her die but what choice do i have if the vet in town and our vet wont answer the phone

Best Answers

• Sandy NenningerSandy Nenninger PlainvilleMember Posts: 1,975
    Accepted Answer
    Call local shelters and rescues until you find somebody to help you. Try http://www.petfinder.com/shelters.html to search for rescues or even use Google to look for rescues in Nebraska near you. If you have a Humane Society or ASPCA, call them. These places will have people with experience caring for newborn orphan kittens and possibly even a nursing mother cat who can foster them and they can offer the best chance these kittens might have for survival. Explain how you found them and that you do not know what to do and that you need help. In the mean time, keep them warm and keep trying with the bottle. Please do not feed them cow's milk. They should only be given a formula meant for cats like KMR. http://www.hdw-inc.com/tinykitten.htm
  • MrD_Sam_RazaMrD_Sam_Raza New ZealandMember Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Milk coming out of the nose... does your kitty have a cleft palate? (a hole in the roof of it's mouth) This maybe a problem for the kitty. It's lovely of you to help the little fur ball