My cat keeps licking everything. Well mainly anything with perfume, cleaning products to start with,

Best Answers

• Kellyann CookeKellyann Cooke Member Posts: 373
    Accepted Answer
    Your question was cut off but I think I got the gist of it - please discourage this behavior - the best way to put and end to it is to make sure these things are out of reach and when you do catch your kitty distract it with a big noise like clapping your hands and a firm NO! Then remove your kitty from the place where it is licking. These products contain toxins, anything with perfume, chemicals, even printed material (the inks), and they can make your kitty very sick - or worse. Please do your best to discourage this behavior asap.
  • Joy WaltersJoy Walters Member Posts: 9,276
    Accepted Answer
    Just to add to Joey's excellent advice, cats, like people can suffer from a condition called "pica", which is the ingesting of non-food items, even to the point of eating rocks and dirt. It's a condition that is treatable with medication. Perhaps a trip to the vet is in order for your cat? And please do keep these non-food items away from her. As Joey says, they CAN be poisonous.