Adopted a RagDoll cat-2 yrs to be a companion for r 3yr old RagDoll-she uses the litterbox but doe

The adopted kitty was obviously abused...hid from everyone for 2-3 months...now she is a happy kitty..loving her "big brother" and we humans...but wonder if her past has something to do with this problem? She still cannot be picked up and one must NEVER have any kind of "weapon" around her such as a shoebox, broom etc...she is our princess now.

Best Answer

• Sandy NenningerSandy Nenninger PlainvilleMember Posts: 1,975
    Accepted Answer
    The issue of not wanting to be picked up and being afraid you have a weapon is surely from her abusive upbringing. That may get better with time to learn trust. My rescue Persian Carly breaks my heart when she ducks when I reach for her head to pet her so I am sure she had some poor treatment in the past. The rest of my cats have never known bad treatment and their heads bump up into your hand for petting because they know that is what hands are for. However not burying poop is pretty common. Many cats don't. I have 10 cats and I would have to say that only 3 bury their poop. My Ragdoll, Maggie does not.