No fleas in house only cats!

is it possible for cats to have fleas but not in the house? I have searched everywhere and been on the floors for long periods of time.. no fleas on me or my boyfriend, no bites only when the cats sleep with me. I take them off my cats and flush them down the toilet and then they seem to have more not long after that... any idea whats going on here? We did use frontline and plan to get more int he next couple days... or maybe revolution as i hear it works more. I just dont know what to do.

Best Answer

• Lindsay ColbertLindsay Colbert Member Posts: 376
    Accepted Answer
    It's possible for the cats to have fleas and not have *many* fleas taking refuge in the house- they prefer to stay by their food source of course, but there are probably still some fleas or at least eggs lurking in the soft surfaces where your cats like to lay down. Fleas are really tiny, and their eggs are pretty much impossible for the unaided eye to scan a surface and say, "Nope, no eggs here!" but if you're not being bitten on your ankles when you walk around or seeing little fleas hopping around it's worth trying to kill the infestation with just a few monthly treatments. The hope is that when the eggs in the house hatch the only "food" they'll have access to is tainted with Frontline or Revolution and they won't live to reproduce- hopefully eradicating them all in time. If the problem persists more than a few months or they start feeding on people you'll need to consider treating the home as well.