Someone please help me my cat wont stop pooping in my house.

Im pregnant and dont want to deal with him pooping all over my house...I got him a playmate 2weeks ago he plays with the kitten but still poops all over the place thought it was stress got him calming drops, changed his food, I have 3 litter boxes because this is not the frist time he has done this. He has pooped in my house 3 times today all in differnt places. I need to get rid of him, but I have had him for a long time so please help he someone.?!

Best Answers

• Kitty_Pryde_and_JackKitty_Pryde_and_Jack los angelesMember Posts: 317 ✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    It could be a few things-How did you change his food? It should be a transition and if it wasn't, he could be pooping because his stomach is sour and he can't help it. It could be a dominance thing too-once I got a second kitty, my cat stopped covering in the litter box. I read that sometimes they do that to establish their territory or prescence-instead of covering it up and hiding it like a cat outside might do. Maybe he doesn't like the litter you are using? You should get him checked out by a vet to rule out any other issues. good luck.

Kitty Pryde and Jack

• Tazara WeilhammerTazara Weilhammer TallahasseeMember Posts: 33
    Accepted Answer
    Cats can be very intuitive about pregnancy. When I was pregnant with my son I had several cats and the two boys began acting out while the two females would curl next to my stomach and purr. Some animals dont like change and can sense it. This may be the reason he is acting out