cats grooming each other after haveing flea meds?

i put flea medication on my cats and they still groom each other. can they get sick from doing this? i bet it must taste bad but they just lick, make a yuck face, and continue. will they be ok?

Best Answer

• sherry LaRosa-Silvestrisherry LaRosa-Silvestri willow groveMember Posts: 888
    Accepted Answer
    No, they won't be okay! I don't know what type of flea meds you are applying, but no matter what kind, they are dangerous when ingested and can cause seizures. It probably takes a good 24 hours for any topical flea medication to dry. You better check with your vet on this one. I would think that the cats would not want to lick this stuff. How long has this been going on? Is this the first time you have applied flea medication? If your cats stay indoors, I wouldn't even bother putting this stuff on them. It is toxic.