Cat doing his business is places where he shouldn't (usually carpets, towels, or the sink)?

He's three years old, a bit of a chicken-cat, fixed when he was a few months old. He seems to get like this during the summer season. It may or may not be triggered by seeing a neighbor cat in the yard (he scratches at the window like he's desperate to get to the neighbor cat). The litter is cleaned daily, and he only goes in it maybe once a day. Last year when he was like this, the vet found no health problems. If we keep him away from one place, he eventually finds another. My family is talking about making him an indoor-outdoor cat, but we've lost three cats to the road and I have very little faith in this one's instincts. I'm not even sure if letting him out would help. What can I do?

Best Answer

• Arna CohenArna Cohen Member Posts: 565
    Accepted Answer
    Recommend a consultation with an animal behaviorist. It does sound like something specific triggered the behavior. Here are some informational websites: thehappylitterbox.com catsinternational.org ASPCA the cat pages at about.com Good luck