How can I get my cats to be more social?

I got them when they were 5 mos. old. from an animal adoption agency. I don't believe there was any abuse but anytime I have company they hide under the bed and can't seem to entice them to come out. Is there anything I can do?

Best Answer

• Joy WaltersJoy Walters Member Posts: 9,276
    Accepted Answer
    I have 3 cats, but when someone comes over, you wouldn't know it. Occasionally, if it's someone they know, they will make an appearance. In Izzie's case, it's usually when there's food out. I can almost guarantee you that you won't be able to entice them to come out unless they want to. Don't grab them and/or force them to be held by someone. My sister-in-law learned the hard way that Izzie doesn't like to be restrained/held. If your cats are social and come out when you are alone, you'll just have to keep photos around (like I do) of them to prove you do have cats!