Saliva drinker?

I am very familiar with cats and their behavior, but this is a new one. I have a purebred Turkish Angora that absolutely LOVES my saliva. I don't WILLINGLY let her lick it out of my mouth or anything. But she is quite pushy and will head boop me and while I am caught off guard by that, slip her tongue in and quickly lap up any saliva there...ugh! Vet says its a quirk and she is perfectly healthy and normal. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

Best Answer

• Joy WaltersJoy Walters Member Posts: 9,276
    Accepted Answer
    Aside from the extreme gross-out factor of being french kissed by one of my animals, I have to say I've never heard of this. Even if she IS normal, I would not want to "swap spit" with any of my animals and I love them all dearly. They use their tongues as toilet paper, to investigate long-dead things and other unsavory items in the yard and can spread infections and germs to us. There was recently a news story of a woman with a compromised immune system who has had to have her hands and feet amputated due to an infection that was passed to her by her dog. I would not allow your cat anywhere near your face and keep your mouth tightly closed when she gets "pushy".