My 11 month old cat meows all night and will not settle down no matter how much we play with him bef

He can also become quiet aggressive towards us and his sister. Both cats have been fixed and we thought this would help him calm down but it hasn't. We really need help as to what may help us to change his behaviour

Best Answer

• Joy WaltersJoy Walters Member Posts: 9,276
    Accepted Answer
    I guess I'm lucky that my cats sleep all night. Aggression toward other animals and humans shouldn't be tolerated. Is he playing or outright attacking? If when you play with him, you play "chase the hand/foot" you may want to consider getting some "hands-off" toys like feather pole teasers, etc. He should not become so "wound up" during his night playtimes that he can't settle down after it's over. Those late evening playtimes should be kept calm and non-intense and last about half an hour. Things should be quiet for at least an hour before you (and he) retire for the night. When he becomes aggressive, you can use a spray bottle, a can of air used for keyboard cleaning or a soda can with a few pennies in it to shake at him. Don't spray him in the face but over his head and say a sharp "NO BITE!" He is still a young cat and may calm down as he matures, but he does need to be trained that being aggressive is not acceptable. Vets are often good sources of behavioral advice. You can ask!