How do you keep a cat either in your yard or out of someones yard?

My neighbor 2 doors down has shot one of my cats in the foot with a BB gun and I'm afraid he's going to do worse if he sees either of them in their yard.

Best Answer

• Joy WaltersJoy Walters Member Posts: 9,276
    Accepted Answer
    Are you aware that you can file a police report regarding this incident? Discharging a firearm within city limits is against the law in most places and your neighbor could face charges for animal abuse as well. Having said that, you bear responsibility for your animals. No one likes to be working in their yard and digging through cat poop or having to pick up dead little "gifts" left by the cat. There is no way you can confine your cat to your yard unless you build an enclosure for him that's chew and climb proof. Under no circumstances should you tie your cat outside on a rope and leave him out there. To keep your cats safe, you need to keep them indoors. If they aren't neutered/spayed, you also need to have this done to make them less apt to want to go outside. Make the inside more appealing than the outside by getting them things to climb on and play with. If you keep letting your cats outside to face this irate neighbor, I fear it won't go well for them.