My 9 year old male cat started peeing in the same spot on the carpet after I returned to work from s

Comments

• Noelle JonesNoelle Jones Member Posts: 7
    To answer, i need to ask a question? is this spot on your carpart relevent to anything associated with you or your smell? Since you have been home for some time, your cat has become accustomed to you being home. Now, you are able to work, leaving him could be causing him to have some seperation anxiety. As cats age, they become more vulnerable and rely more on their owners. This sudden change could be frightening or stressing him out. Try soothing him before you go to work, speaking in a relaxing tone and petting him. When you get home greet him first thing and let him know you missed him too. another way to keep him calm during the day is to play classical music in your home. I have done this with my own cats and really mellowed them. Good luck!