I'm at such a loss. My cat has been peeing on the dining room floor.

Not sure why. I check her litter pans and they are clean. She has also been meowing excessively. Her food and water is always well taken care of and replenished. In addition, I think that she managed to somehow pee on/in a vent. Everytime our A/C or heat kicks on, our entire house is filled with the scent of cat urine. I am at my wit's end :-(

Comments

• Danielle SweeneyDanielle Sweeney Member Posts: 1
    Take Kitty to the vet for a check-up. Sometimes urinating outside the box is indicative of a bladder infection. I'm particularly apt to think your kitty may be suffering from one because you say she's meowing excessively. One of my cats was behaving similarly: meowing loudly and not going in the box. Sure enough, he had a bladder infection. The vet gave a one-dose, injectable antibiotic and the infection cleared right up. As for the urine odor in your house, I'm not sure how to alleviate that. Our vet recommended "Nature's Miracle". It's an enzymatic cleaner that gets rid of the odor and prevents re-marking. Unfortunately, if your kitty doused the heating and cooling system, cleaning that might be a challenging feat. Best of luck!