I have a 3 year old female cat. After being on our sink, tiny little dots are left behind. What are

I have a 3 year old female cat. I have noticed that recently, after being on our white sink, tiny little dots are left behind. They turn red in contact with water, so I think it might be flee dirt. We are planning on getting her some stuff to treat her tomorrow. Can I get seconds opinions on it and if it is flee dirt, what should we do to treat it? Thanks!

Best Answer

• Cindi LeonardCindi Leonard Plantation, Fla.Member Posts: 1,670
    Accepted Answer
    Fleas are black, and flea dirt is black and comes off in tiny tube-like lines that dissolve when you touch them. Seresto is a good flea and tick collar that lasts for 8 months. However, if that's what it is and you have carpet, you need to treat your WHOLE HOME with carpet flea treatment or bombs (whatever you prefer) to get rid of them. Read the directions of flea treatments carefully to avoid over-pesticiding your pet! ^_^