Hello All, My 7 year old female cat Mojo was diagnosed with a uti. She's on antibiotics and cort

Also, I started her on a wet food only diet for urinary health and treats with cranberry.

Best Answers

• Cindi LeonardCindi Leonard Plantation, Fla.Member Posts: 1,670
    Accepted Answer
    A wet only diet will lead to her teeth falling out from decay if you do not have them professionally cleaned every year, which means putting her out. Did you discuss this with her vet? Over the counter urinary foods do not work according to my vet, but prescription diets do, and they also come in dry. Please speak with your vet to make sure that your cat is getting the correct nutrition. Dry food has 3x the protein as wet, so be careful you are not creating a different set of problems for your pet. Cranberry helps for pets and people, but the actual amount found in most treats which is absorbable is minimal. ^_^
  • John MclarenJohn Mclaren Westlake VillageMember Posts: 69
    Accepted Answer
    You are doing a right thing but I think should also consult with the vet. Vet can tell you the exact problem and also tell the proper solution.

Comments

• Sally LeeSally Lee Member Posts: 3
    My cat had chronic uti issues that were heart breaking. My vet had my cat try antibiotics, extra water, and nothing worked, she would continue having relapse after relapse. I then regrouped, switched vets, when Uroeze was recommended. It's a prescription urine acidifer. She continued with 4 oz. of water with a 1/4 tablet of Uroease mixed in her high quality, grain-free wet food 2X a day - it's now been 4 years later and NO MORE UTI's! This is my kitty's experience, I wish Mojo all the best!
  • Please go to the website www.catinfo.org and read the information there regarding UTIs and how to prevent them in the future. Feeding dry kibble does nothing to clean a cat's teeth.