We Want to Hear From You!

Comments

• AndreaAndrea ClevelandMember Posts: 2,101 ✭✭

Does anyone know if there is way to delete and account ? Going somewhere else.

• ÆthelingÆtheling Member Posts: 51,900 ✭✭✭
    edited 26 September, 2017

Yes, Andrea! Up above the right of your post, there's a little wheel icon. Click on that and you'll get "edit"
    :)

• Snuggle_Liza_Tam_SylSnuggle_Liza_Tam_Syl Nashville/St. LouisMember Posts: 698 ✭✭✭

@andrea we don't know. Maybe you can leave it open and maybe things will improve. Don't know. We have tried other sites. They were set up a lot like this one. Without the original Catster, there is really nowhere for us to go. We are hanging around. Hoping, but... :(

Snuggle, Liza, Orange Man, Sylvia, Sophie, Tammy, Gabriel, Kristopher, Nickolaus, Savannah, Bobbi, Trudy, Calli & Babies

• ÆthelingÆtheling Member Posts: 51,900 ✭✭✭

Oh, I am sorry Andrea. I mis-read your post. I thought you were asking if there was a way to delete and edit a post.
    I did not read carefully.

• Mietzi_KatzeMietzi_Katze IowaMember Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭
    edited 27 September, 2017

Do we need a disagree button? This was always a happy place. There is a reason why facebook doesn't have an unlike button. If somecat disagrees with me, they can just write a post and KINDLY state their opinion. Purrs will get their underfur in a bunch if somecats just click the disagree button on their posts.
    When you go to Cats Group Discussions, it lists where some furs have posted something new, but it only lists the threads, not the groups that the thread belongs to. For example there is "Group Sniff Chat". That could be a thread from lots of groups. Only after you click on it and scroll to the top, you find out it's a thread from the Dogster and Catster All Paws Bulletin! group. Would be nice to have the group name listed with the thread. Or only the group name and indicate there is new discussions in that group.
    In the old Catster/Dogster every cat and dog had a unique ID number assigned by the Program. I think that's how they solved the problem with multiple users using the same name.

• WolfganggWolfgangg Terre HauteMember Posts: 410 ✭✭✭

Thanks, @CatsterAdmin ! I really do appreciate that you are working for us all that you are doing.. It is my hope that maybe somehow, someday we can recapture some of the uniqueness of what we had. It is a terrible blow to many, many of us to lose our profile pages and content. But I surely don't want to seem ungrateful for all the work you are doing for us, I just wanted you to know that!! I will check out those threads.

• Snuggle_Liza_Tam_SylSnuggle_Liza_Tam_Syl Nashville/St. LouisMember Posts: 698 ✭✭✭

We agree @Mietzi_Katze Earlier mom was using phone and accidentally hit disagree. She saw it and took it off, but she would have felt really bad if she had not caught it. Yes. Groups are very confusing. We would like to have our old numbers back. They were the order that we became Catsters. And again we are not going to get 14 email addresses to get our kits on Catster. If I am on as Snuggle, I have to log out to respond from 4 Little Kittens. It just adds too many extra steps.

Snuggle, Liza, Orange Man, Sylvia, Sophie, Tammy, Gabriel, Kristopher, Nickolaus, Savannah, Bobbi, Trudy, Calli & Babies

• CatsterAdminCatsterAdmin Administrator Posts: 123 admin

Hi everyone —

For information on Pet Profiles, please see our Profiles FAQs!
    @AshPoGus please send me any groups that you know/think were private and I can look into that.
    @Mietzi_Katze — please DM me with more information on what you’re asking about!
    We will definitely think about that disagree button.

Thanks all <3

• CalvinCalvin ScottsdaleMember Posts: 8,818 ✭✭✭

@CatsterAdmin - it would also be nice to be able to comment directly under somecat's comment rather than having to use @ symbol.

The Cats in the Clover
    Samoa, Calvin, Violet, Gleek, Spunky, Sugar, Vivien, Newman, & Inky

edited 27 September, 2017

Yes @Calvin we don't love the @ symbol. It is really hard to follow things that are going on.

Also @CatsterAdmin we are not sure where we should be posting our family info, etc, to make it user friendly. We post something to our profile page, then people comment, then we post something new. It has only been a few days and already there is a bunch of stuff to scroll through. No one is going to do that. There needs to be a more concise way to post the highlights of our profile. We have posted links on profile and on welcome page, because we just don't know what is the easiest for anyone to look at things, at this point. Thanks. Snuggle, Liza and Family

@Calvin yes. Just too much to scroll through and only a handful of cats, so far. I can't imagine anyone looking through that after there are more cats here.

Thanks!

@Calvin I will bring up the commenting underneath feature.

We are trying to come up with solutions for multiple cats! For right now, we do have the option to either

A. Sign up for as your pet using multiple emails per pet and then creating one profile dedicated TO that pet.

B. Sign up as yourself or maybe with a name for your family — ex. Gabby’s Furbabies — and then create multiple welcome posts for each pet in your family + putting links to all your pets’ welcome posts + your groups on your profile page.

We are looking into ways to be able to sign off on posts as different pets.

Let me know if you would rather see option A go away and we should encourage everyone to sign up as their families.

Thank you!

@CatsterAdmin it is hard to say. Each might be better for a particular family. Right now we have 2 accounts, but we have 14 profiles. We aren't going to set up 14 email accounts. However for families with 2 or 3 pets, that might be the best option. For newcomers it is much less complicated. For those with a long history of multiple pets it is really frustrating. My thought would be leave both options available for now and hopefully some better options will be available as we work on things.

@CatsterAdmin - I really don't see families with multiple cats (even just 2 cats) wanting to have to log in via two separate emails in order to participate for each of the cats. Three of my siblings are at another site where they have to do that, and it ends up being too much of a hassle, so only one cat participates. I wish you could look at improving the Welcome area if that is where we would have to set up individual cat profiles. It is going to be a jumbled mess if more cats post over there because they are posting many things - maybe because it says "Welcome" and not "Pet Profile" area.

The Cats in the Clover

Hi @Calvin we have been letting Snuggle and the Kittens both post on their respective accounts. Unless and until there is another way, I would not want to not have a separate profile for them. I don't know. It is complicated. Because I gave Snuggle our original login, the Kittens are considered new to Catster, even though they have been members for nearly 10 years. @CatsterAdmin we would like option to enter their original joining date on the date joined line on profile. It's not an earth changing they. It would just be important to us.

Thanks @Snuggle @Calvin. We will leave both options available for now and see what everyone is most comfortable with.
    @Snuggle I’ll look into the original join date.

I definitely see your point re: renaming the “Welcome” area as “Pet Profiles.” Let me know if you all think this would be a good idea!

Thank you!

• MayhemMayhem MarylandMember Posts: 158 ✭✭✭
    edited 28 September, 2017

I currently have only two cats and created a separate email address for new family member, Caspurr. My angel Murder nor any other feline addition will NOT be getting email accounts or participating here on Catster. I personally do not think the companies that provide free email accounts are real interested in having a bunch of bogus cat accounts just so people can have multiple cats here. Just my thoughts but...is it fair to the email sites? >^..^<

As @Mayhem and the rest of us have mentioned, it would be wonderful if there were a drop down menu to select other cats in our family, without signing in and out.

• CaspurrCaspurr Member Posts: 27 ✭✭

@CatsterAdmin I have been playing around all day on the site and now I think I have a little insight to things that I did not have before. The way the site was set up it was set up to use "welcome" posts as what we think of as a our profile page and we could edit our "welcome" post the way we wanted, correct? It was set up so that each cat had it's own login and password so separate "welcome" posts could be set up for each single cat, correct? The single cat "welcome" posts can be bookmarked and thus creating a "friends list" as bookmarks, for easier access to the cats we are "friends" with, correct? Trying real hard not to give up and also trying to take my blinders off for a second. If all of this is true, why would we need both a profile and a welcome page? Is the profile something just for the account set up? >^..^<

@Caspurr, @CatsterAdmin - I think the Profile (which can only be one cat per family) is set up for account purposes - which is why the human name shows up unless you change it. Then the "welcome" area - which in my opinion needs to be changed to "Profile" or "Cat Profiles" - would be used similiar to our old individual Catster pages. Ideally, it would be nice if each cat in a family - who has created their own "welcome/profile/cat profile" - could somehow be grouped together. Like it was mentioned before, if we could somehow select which cat was talking if we were to leave a comment somewhere, I think that would be very desirable. And if the Profile (as it is set up now) could be made so that others couldn't see it, then we could leave the human name (which is how it was set up on Catster originally - only Catster admins could see the human info).

The Cats in the Clover

edited 28 September, 2017

@CatsterAdmin, @Calvin I think the problem is all in linguistics and naming conventions as Calvin said. Playing around here Calvin and I have even been able to somewhat converse in a more familiar format. At this point, I think if I could just have a drop down where I could link my other cats account to this one for my Caspurr so I could easily switch from one "voice" to another or, as is more familiar to an outsider one cat to another I could possibly use the site in a much more familiar fashion. >^..^<

@Andrea above don't give up yet!!! Calvin and I have been playing here it may not be as bad as it looks...the new Catster Admin simply may not be able to explain things to us linguistically so that we understand. The problem may all be in "naming conventions". Your "welcome" post may be your "cats profile"...your "profile" may be what the old Catster had behind scenes as private as our "account set up page". Please try not to lose hope...I did, but today finally took my blinders off and tried to see this new Catster site from their eyes... >^..^<

@CatsterAdmin - the way you have given us the ability to comment under a comment at the Profile page, could you also give us that same ability in the Welcome area?

The Cats in the Clover

@Caspurr I think if we had all had this setup originally, we would be okay with it as it is now. There was really very little to figure out with Catster. As soon as we went there we started participating, especially in groups. I don't think this setup can ever maintain the number of cats that we had before. Even just visually, it is not that inviting yet.

We have looked around a lot since we have been here. We hope there will be more improvements over time. Having all cats on the welcome page doesn't seem like a long term plan if a lot of cats join. If even several hundred cats were on the welcome page, it would become too cumbersome to be usable.

We are enjoying seeing some of our friends. We hope they continue to visit. It has been really quiet the past couple of days.

• FelixFelix Member Posts: 45,573 ✭✭✭

The "Welcome" area definitely needs to be changed or converted into a way to create profile pages for individual cats, something like we had before. @CatsterAdmin, I'm glad to hear that y'all are working on solving the issue regarding multiple pets. No one wants to have to set up multiple email addresses in order to have all their cats here. It's much too cumbersome. Perhaps you could try something similar to the way it was previously, when each cat had his/her own ID number.

• LilyLily BranfordMember Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭

I would like to discuss "Events." When we have events, we decide on a time, or a range of times, and then during the event we chat back and forth and post images from the Internet. It seems to be impossible to do this here; I have tried without success.

So I guess we can't hold events here. Too bad; Global Cat Day is coming up in two weeks.

• LilyLily BranfordMember Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭

Wait a minute--this time it did come up. But why wouldn't it come up in the events space on our group page? If it doesn't come up there, we can't use it.

• MILO_BLUE_EYESMILO_BLUE_EYES Member Posts: 16,477 ✭✭✭✭

@CatsterAdmin what I am disappointed about is why can't kitz 'n doggiez see each otherz postz? Can dese two be joined? One o' da groupz we wud a'wayz check iz APB 'n den we cud chat to kitz 'n doggiez dere. Same fur Cat & Dog Plaza~ Now it is so segregated dat I can't see ANY o' me pup palz at all~!!! Jus' a suggestion, but I beliefz many feel da same way~ Thankz fur listenin'~ We doez loverz our palz~ B) Oh 'n we not haz doggiez so we nefur had a Dogster account.

Milo Blue Eyes, wif Angels Mallee 'n Smokey Joe