My cat is defecating in random places out of her litter box.

Luci is an 11year old black American long hair female and just had her yearly checkup a few weeks ago. I keep her litter box clean and she both urinates and defecates in the box while Im home. If I go away for the weekend she will still urinate and defecate in the box but will poop elsewhere too. This past weekend she pooped on my dads pants in the bathroom floor and in our craft room where I was working before I left. I live with my parents in a large home so she's got plenty of space to roam and love when I am out of town for the weekend. She likes to curl up with them on the couch. Her food hasn't changed, the litter box is the same one she's used for years, the same litter brand and she is the only animal in the house. When I lived alone with her she never pooped outside her litter box and she has even traveled the world with me. She's smart and healthy but I'm not sure what to do at this point.

Comments

• MoniMoni Member Posts: 7
    She is getting forgetful with age, I had several cats like that in my life, sometimes they are mad when you go away or want more attention.